7 Steps To How Install Solar Panels: Step by Step guide
Solar panels are nothing but devices that provide electricity. With the help of photovoltaic cells, direct sunlight is trapped. There are many ways to use solar panels. Few being solar lighting, solar ventilation, and solar heating, etc. In fact, you can save much of your savings as it is renewable energy and is cost-effective.
There Are Basically Three Different Types Of Solar Panels:
- Polycrystalline, and
- Thin-film solar panels.
The solar panels are made of aluminum and ascending frames.
Solar energy is of much benefitted to the environment as well as for the private economy. In turn, the technology will help reduce electricity bills, and it has been growing drastically for the past few years.
Check Below The Various Processes To Install The Solar Panel:
1. Check the place where you want your solar panels to be installed:
The solar panel is made of aluminum, and the foundation will also be of aluminum, so make sure the entire system is well built with aluminum. It has to be very much rightly placed on the top roof of your house, that too in the right direction. The direction in which it is placed should be titled towards the sun’s path. Mostly in the south direction is recommended as sunlight usually comes from the south direction. The east and west rules also receive sunlight but not as much as the south.
As per your location’s latitude, the angle between the horizontal ground and one solar module should always be decided forehand. Just remember not to place the solar panel in the north direction. Usually, a solar mounting structure is used to fix the solar panels with it. It has been scientifically observed that when the modules are placed in this way, then maximum energy is produced. A solar tracker can be used to increase the efficiency of the solar panel.
Here are latitudes of leading states in India-
Zone 1-J&K,Punjab,Himachal Pradesh,Uttarakhand- 30-360
Zone 2-Rajasthan,UP,Delhi,Haryana,Bihar,North Eastern States-24-300
Zone 4-Karnataka,Tamil Nadu,AP,Telangana,Kerala-12-180
2. Assemble the solar panels:
Once you connect the structure of the solar, connect the solar modules correctly. Always double-check the nuts and bolts of solar modules which are used in the system. Once it is completed then, the structure will be more strong, sustainable, and durable.
3. Electrical wiring:
MC4 connectors are one of the best universal connectors, which is used mostly to connect with solar panels. Once the solar array is used, it becomes much faster and easier. There is an in-built junction box at the back with wires coming out. Amongst the few solar modules, it has wire leads with MC4 connectors on the ends. Usually, the required voltage is maintained in the panel connection.
4. Link between the solar panel and the solar inverter:
The positively charged pole from the solar panel has to be attached to the positively charged side of the inverter. The negatively charged pole from the solar panel must be associated with the negatively charged side of the inverter. The solar panel wires are usually connected to the backside of the inverter. The solar panel and the cell are attached to the transformer to manufacture the current. The output of the series string of solar cells is connected with the transformer.
5. Strength between the solar transformer and solar cell:
The battery is where all the power is stored inside an off-grid work. The battery is joined with the solar inverter to recharge it with a solar board and grid work.
6. Connection between the solar battery and grid:
To connect the transformer to the grid work, plug it in the main switch and get current from the grid work. Then the connection is associated with the panel providing current in your home. The positively charged cable has to be attached to the terminal along with the negatively charged cable to the neutral terminal of the transformer.
7. Use the solar panel and save money:
Once you are done with all the steps, switch on the mains. A digital switch is present in the solar system where you can get the details on the total solar unit generated during the day and the supply voltage and current from the solar panel.
While Trying To Install The Solar Panel, Check The Below Few Common Mistakes People Tend To Make:
- The mounting structure of the solar panel should be made of GIA. Since iron is not rust-proof, it would definitely be a problem in the long run. Therefore it is always recommended to use the GIA Stand while installing the solar panel installation.
- Proper fixing of solar panels is important- Solar panels are usually laid and fixed on the mounting structure. It is because of the reason that it does not move from its position. Solar panel mounting structure should be grounded with civil work as general civil work needs four* 4-inch foundation work. It is always preferable to use the top brands like ANCHOR for fastening.
- MC4 connector should be used for wiring the solar panel- Always use the MC4 connector for connecting solar panels with tapes. MC4 connectors can be joined manually and will not break unless a tool is applied.
- Should be installed at 30 degrees- It is always advised to install solar conferences permanently at 30 degrees angle. This is so as to absorb maximum efficiency and also keep in mind to face south-west.
Check all the above-mentioned points, and you will easily be able to install solar panels.
Once you install the solar panel correctly, you are sure to reap the benefits. If installed correctly, it is sure to give service till 25 years. Also, renewable energy resources always improve public health and climatic changes. The electricity which is produced by it is very pure and does not release any harmful pollutants into the environment. Moreover, it also does not deplete natural resources and is visually very clean.