The generators’ incredible performance and sage have just made better variable types of generators as per the necessity. If you want to travel around the 50 AMP generator, the right choice for you is the 50 AMP generators. The best thing about these generators is they are super easy to move. Unlike other electrical appliances, the amount of power and affordability a 50 AMP generator provides is unmatchable and is a must-have in your RV.
An improbable addition to a big family RV is the 50 AMP generator. The generator with a 50 amp outlet is primarily for the extraction of greater power and is possibly the most portable generator for larger construction sites and ranches. These generators being super handy and capable of greater capacity, are available widely. You have immense options for choice. It is also because of the midrange price categories and a slew of options. The absurd power of the beast engine to be 50 AMP generators is commendable.
A generator enabling you to draw 50 Amp of current as a hookup, a 50 AMP generator has two independent hotlines, each providing 50 AMPs separate hotlines. The 50 AMP generators can output great power, making it ideal for large RVs and simultaneously running two high-current appliances. Despite all these features, it sometimes becomes challenging to choose the right 50 AMP generators out of the various options available in the market, enlisted below is one right generator for your RV.
The Best 50 AMP Generators
DuroMax XP12000 generator is the best 50 AMP generator available at the most affordable rates. If you are looking for a 50 amp portable generator, then this horse is giving a tough competition.
The USA build, DuroMax XP12000 is geared up with an 18HP, 457 cc OHV engine, which is very much durable and robust due to the cast iron sleeves and steel bearings. The product is excellent for both households and commercial uses like in schools, offices, sites, etc.
It can function with both gasoline and propane. This feature gives the user the versatility to use any type of fuel according to their choice. At the same time, gasoline is the most used fuel among the two. It has an excellent feature that shuts off, and the oil level gets low. This feature alarms the user to refuel.
The power panel is so well arranged and is equipped with multiple outlets for better performance and individual breakers to avoid overloading and safety purposes. The generator is installed with MX2 Technology, which allows its users to switch in between max power or average power. The idle control feature helps the unit to last long by reducing its RPM when not in use. This also reduces the engine noise a lot. This feature allows those who plan to use it at site areas as the generator’s service is not continuous.
This is a great portable, small-sized and lightweight unit with two 10″ wheel. And it is installed with an electric start mechanism. Duromax, in general, offers 3 years of the warranty period for household uses while only 1 year for commercial uses. If we are drafting such a list then DuroMax XP12000 is of course the best 50 AMP generator.
- Works fine with both gasoline and propane.
- Shuts engine off with low oil alert.
- The unit has 12,000 starting watts and 9500 running watts.
- Get max power at each 120 V receptacles due to its MX2 Technology.
- While not in use, RPM gets automatically lowered.
- Lightweight unit of 224 pounds.
- Generator’s dimension – 30×29×26 inches.
- The power panel includes multiple outlets.
- This generator is reliable for more prolonged use.
- Dual fuel feature.
- Less noisy.
- A power-packed performer.
- It is portable, and the assembly is pretty straightforward.
- A great contender for commercial use.
- A few users have observed manufacturing defects.
- The engine sometimes takes time to start.
- No manual start option.
- Parts are quite expensive.
A-iPower SUA12000E is also amongst the best generator with 50 amp plug available in the market. This generator is installed with an A-iPower 459cc engine that can generate power up to 12000 watts at the start.
Starting is never an issue as it is facilitated with electric touch start. It runs on gasoline, and it has a 7-gallon fuel tank, which is made up of heavy-duty steel with a built-in fuel gauge. With just a 50% load, it can run up to 9 hours.
For damp conditions, it has four GFCI protected outlets that protect the generator and the user too. Also, it has one twist-lock outlet and one industrial grade-outlet. It also includes an efficient and high output alternator that is designed similarly to other expensive brands.
This generator is widely used in construction sites, schools, colleges, and even for household purposes. It can power many heavy appliances like TV, refrigerator, AC, etc. at the same time. It is easy to start and operate even for first time users due to its simple mechanism and outlet panel.
The portable generator is attached with two 9.5″ never-flat wheels and weighs around 206 pounds. It can cover any terrain or condition with ease.
- It is powered with an A-ipower 459cc engine.
- Operates with 12000 starting watts and 9000 running watts.
- Run-on gasoline only.
- 1.25 diameter steel frame for strength and protection.
- Attached DC adapter plug for charging purposes.
- It also has a 12V-14AH maintenance-free battery.
- Operates at 78dBA sound level.
- Dimensions – 27×27×27 inches.
- Warranty – 2 years.
- Heavy-duty generator for all commercial and household purposes.
- Protected with a thick steel frame.
- Wide range of outlets.
- Electric start system.
- Low run time.
Are you looking for a small yet powerful 50 amp generator? Then WEN DF100T can be an ideal option for you.
WEN DF100T is fitted with a 457cc engine, which is powerful and durable. You can start the engine without any trouble using an electric start switch. This unit comes up with a dual-fuel feature, which means it runs on both gasoline and propane. It generates different power with n additional fuel. It also has an automatic voltage regulator. The voltage capacity for AC can rise from 120 to 240 V.
It can run for 8.5 hours with just half the fuel in the tank. The wide variety makes it useful for users and it can also be used heavily for any purpose. Whether you are in a camp or using this at a crisis, this incredible performer gives you enough reasons to be your best choice. It can withstand heavy loads and can power multiple appliances at the same time. Maneuvering with WEN DF1100T is never an issue as it has two giant wheels to overcome any terrain it faces.
- 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine
- Dual fuel feature (gasoline or propane)
- Automatic voltage regulator
- 6.6-gallon fuel tank.
- Electric start system.
- Multiple outlets on the panel.
- 12 V DC Cigarette lighter style plug.
- The box contains one 47 inch LPG hose, a bottle of oil.
- Weight – 214 pounds
- Dimensions – 27.3× 20.6×21.9 inches.
- Warranty – 2 years
- Small-sized powerful performer
- Water Resistant and shock resistance.
- Extra LPG hose for quick fuel change.
- Portable generator with two big wheels.
- The generator is a bit onerous as compared to its size.
- The noise level is high.
With the invention of inventors, generator use in households has reduced. But if you want to run your heavy appliances during power cuts, then go for the heavy performing generator with a 50 AMP plug like the DuroMax XP10000E generator. This beautiful power pack unit is among the top 50 AMP generators. It is powered with a DuroMax engine. You really don’t have to negotiate when it comes to power generation. This amount of power is enough for your whole house with heavy appliances.
It runs on gasoline, and with no hassle start, it has an electric start system. The two most essential features, low oil shut-off, and idle control increase the generator’s life span by many folds. These features also help in reducing fuel use too.
Get multiple outlets on the panel for household use or for heavy outdoor services. This power performer is suitable to power in all areas, whether on a trip or at the workplace or home.
- DuroMax 18HP, 440cc DuroMax OHV engine
- It generates 10000 watts at the start, while 8000 watts are generated while running.
- MX2 Technology helps to switch in between only a 120V receptacle or 120V and 240V receptacles.
- Low oil alert switches off the engine immediately.
- Idle control reduces RPM when not in use.
- 8.3-gallon fuel tank.
- The sound level is 72 dBA.
- The panel has multiple outlets.
- Weight- 218 pounds
- Dimensions – 30×29×26 inches
- Warranty – 3 years for household use or 1 year for commercial use.
- Portable unit with rubber tires for easy maneuvering
- Collapsible handle for easy storage.
- An excellent 3-year warranty for household use.
- Outlets on the panel are not covered.
- The noise level is high.
Wanna power your house while power cuts? Or are you searching for a better generator from a trusted company to start a pump in your site area? Then this champion product by Champion Power Equipments should be there in your inventory.
This generator is known for generating high power with other advanced technologies in bonuses. With the help of a reliable and durable air-cooled Champion engine, the generator generates a fair amount of power. The fuel tank capacity is high, so it can run the unit for 8 hours on half load. It has multiple starting options like a wireless remote start-up to 80 feet away, push-button electric start, and recoil.
You do not need to worry about any sort of power surges as all outlets are covered and protected with GFCI. In total, It has seven outlets, for locking and also for household purpose. This generator has the capacity to 1.2 quarts of oil, and the shut-off sensor installed alerts users about the low oil.
This generator has made life easier by fulfilling every demand by a user. Maneuver freely anywhere with two never-flat wheels and easy portability of this lightweight unit. This multi-purpose generator is an ideal selection for a 50A generator.
- 439cc Champion engine.
- Starting watts-9375, running watts-7500
- Runs on gasoline only.
- 6.1-gallon fuel tank.
- 8 hours run time at 50% tank load.
- Wireless remote start.
- Durable steel frame for better protection.
- Folding handle with two never-flat tires.
- Noise level- 74dBA from 23 feet.
- Weight – 230 pounds
- Dimensions – 27.3×26×27.8 inches
- Warranty – 3 years limited warranty with free lifetime technical support.
- EPA certified and CARB compliant
- Remote starts from 80 feet away.
- Noise is less than 23 feet.
- The warranty period is very good.
- Outlets are covered, and GFCI protected.
- The fuel tank capacity is low.
Have you ever experienced a power cut when outside your home? If so, then, I suggest you not to ever experience that. To avoid such issues, buy a portable generator with a 50 amp outlet that can supply enough power to light up your house again. For this purpose, Firman H08051 will be an excellent choice for you.
Firman H08051 is powered with a powerful and durable engine that can run on dual fuel, gasoline, and propane. You can start the unit with multiple starting options, which include traditional pull start and electric start. Its fuel tank gives a full day operating power with gasoline.
The control panel includes 4 different AC outlets, twist-lock receptacle. Keeping the user and unit safety in mind is equipped with a circuit breaker to avoid overload and an automated low oil shut-off system. It is a portable unit with a wheel kit. The unit is protected with a heavy-duty steel frame. It is an excellent option for use in any sort of commercial as well as household uses.
- Generates 10000 surge watts, 8000 running watts with gasoline.
- With propane generates 9050 starting watts and 7250 running watts.
- 8-gallon fuel tank
- 24 hour run time with a full tank.
- 5.5 feet long LPG hose.
- Low oil shut-off system.
- 10-inch wheel kit.
- Sound level – 74dBA
- Weight – 212 pounds
- Dimensions – 32.1×22.2×24.4 inches.
- 3 years limited warranty.
- Functions with dual fuel, gasoline, and propane.
- Backup starting options, manual pull start, and an automated electric start.
- Run time is quite impressive.
- Some defects were seen in a few units.
Are you familiar with the term overpowered? If no, then after knowing about Westinghouse WGen12000, you will be using this word very frequently.
Westinghouse is powered by an ultra duty Twin Westinghouse engine. It includes durable cast iron sleeves. Using a generator anywhere you want to is not a dream anymore, as it generates surge power of 15000 watts and rated power of 12000 watts. Starting is never an issue with a remote start and an electric start. It includes a fuel tank with a fuel gauge that can run for 11 hours with a 50% load. It runs entirely on gasoline.
This unit has a complete package of 5 different outlets on the panel that are fully covered with rubber for added safety. This generator’s performance is awful for many users as it can power almost two houses at a time. This 50 amp quiet generator can be used for heavy-duty purposes, whether at home or the workplace, without disturbance. Two large wheels on the rear side help in easy maneuvering.
- 713cc OHV V-Twin Westinghouse engine
- 10.5-gallon fuel tank runs up to 11 hours with half load.
- Low oil shutdown.
- Digital hour meter.
- 5 different outlets include:
- Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacles
- One 120V L5-30R outlet
- One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R
- One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R
- Two 5V USB Ports
- Weight – 352 pounds
- Dimensions – 34×31×35 inches
- Warranty – 3 years limited warranty with free lifetime technical support.
- Strong Steel frame.
- 10-inch non-flat wheel.
- Remote operations start from 260 feet away.
- Lacks dual fuel feature.
- Also, some units were defective, as reported by a few users.
Products delivered by Champion Power Equipment are always a champion in performance. Getting a powerful generator is still a priority to many. So keeping their importance in mind, Champions Power Equipment has launched a power-packed generator with 50 amp receptacle.
This generator is installed with a V-twin Champion engine, which features an electric start and a built-in cold start technology for a hassle-free start during winters. You will be amazed at the power it generates. It has a fuel tank that runs only on gasoline. It runs for 10 hours with a full tank load.
4 varieties of outlets are installed on the panel. These are correctly covered for better protection. The inbuilt volt guard surge protector helps to avoid any sort of overload.
It is installed with a lift hook system and two wheels for better and safe portability. This can be used in any place as it can supply power in both commercial sites and houses. Use multiple appliances at a time without compromising.
- Powered with a 717cc V-twin Champion engine.
- Generates 15000 peak watts and 12000 running watts.
- Electric start system and cold start technology for an easy start in the winter season.
- 5.9 gallons fuel tank.
- It runs only with gasoline.
- Inbuilt volt guard surge protector.
- Lift hook and 10″ wheel kit for transport.
- Noise level – 74 dBA from 23 feet.
- Weight – 328 pounds
- Dimensions – 33.6×26.6×33.3 inches.
- Warranty – Three years limited warranty.
- Durable steel frame.
- Cold start technology for winters.
- Long warranty period.
- High scale performer.
- Fuel tank capacity is low
- Running time is very low, with a full load.
BUYING GUIDE FOR 50 AMP GENERATOR
Before buying any 50 AMP generator, make sure why and how you will be using it. For that, first, calculate how much wattage you need to power your respective areas. If this is figured out, then focus on the below-mentioned features :
- Choose enough wattage generators so that it can supply power to all your appliances. For example, if your overall power requirement is 10000 starting watts, buy a generator with 12000 starting watts.
- Check the engine’s quality. Check its cc and build mechanism.
- Type of fuel it uses and the fuel tank capacity. Don’t forget to check the run time too.
- Check the number of AC and DC outlets and also, do check if the outlets are covered or not.
- Check the generator’s noise level.
- Extra safety and fuel-saving features like idle control (reduces RPM while not in use) or automated low oil shutdown (Stops engine when oil level is low ) or surge protectors avoid overload.
- Portability is one of the essential factors. Check the generator’s weight and dimension. Make sure the generator is connected to the wheels.
- A robust framework gives better protection to the unit, hence increases its life span.
1. What is starting watts and running watts?
Starting watts, also termed as surge watts, is the power that is required to start an appliance. Running watts is the energy required to keep running the appliances. Generally, more wattage is required to start an appliance. Hence all generators have higher starting wattage.
2. Why should I buy a generator with a long run fuel tank?
Generators are generally made with lesser run fuel tanks and longer run fuel tanks. But those with more secondary run fuel tanks need to refuel frequently. Hence, buying a generator with a better run fuel tank will help you use it with peace of mind.
3. Can I use heavy appliances with 50 AMP generators?
Yes, of course, most of the 50 AMP generators are meant for heavy-duty. They can run multiple heavy appliances at a time. Just make sure you buy a better wattage generator.
4. Is it possible to charge my cell phone with a 50 AMP generator on a trip?
A 50 AMP generator is portable and can be taken to any place.
Charging a cell phone is also possible on these generators as they have 12V DC outlets on the panel, which is meant for charging phones, torches, laptops, etc.
We have listed the best 8 50 amp generators based on a few general and advanced features. So, now it won’t be challenging to choose the best one for you. Get any of these generators, and they will be your companion everywhere, starting from your trips to your workplaces.
According to our choice, if you are looking for average wattage, then DuroMax XP12000E will be great and if the usage is too heavy, then go for Champion Power Equipment 100111 Westinghouse WGen12000.